Malala’s Top Five Most Inspiring Quotes
In celebration of the youngest person in history winning the Nobel Peace Prize 2014, Sammy Jones lists some of Malala Yousafzai’s most inspiring quotes.
17-year-old Malala Yousafzai has been named winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2014. Her attempted assassination on her journey home from school has attracted unprecedented media attention to the plight of Taliban-occupied Pakistan.
She has spoken at the UN, appeared on America’s The Jon Stewart Show and co-written her autobiography, ‘I Am Malala: The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and was Shot by the Taliban’. Take a look at some of her most inspiring quotes.
1) “Let us pick up our books and our pens, they are the most powerful weapons.”
2) “When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.”
3) “My mother always told me,”hide your face- people are looking at you”. I would reply,”It does not matter; I am also looking at them.”
4) “I speak not for myself but for those without voice… those who have fought for their rights… their right to live in peace, their right to be treated with dignity, their right to equality of opportunity, their right to be educated.”
5) “Education is neither Eastern nor Western, it is human.”